Monday, July 18, 2011

Eternal monotony of the lethargic mind

It's yet again been a while since I wrote. 40 hour working weeks seem to work wonders as regards sapping the life / energy out of you.

We're already half way through the summer and I've done relatively little but I guess it isn't too late to make the most of things. Our flight tickets for Majorca arrived today, reminding me that yes, I will get to lie in the sun at least once this year. With a masters fast approaching this is very very very welcome news.

Kudos to my ever narrowing vocabulary for that one. It's clearly a sign that I need to start reading and writing again.

With an eye to reasserting my intellectual ability I've purchased four books this week - fair enough, the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly one doesn't really count but hey, I wanted a cheap laugh. I'm starting to miss academia in a way which is oddly disturbing.

I'm facing a little challenge at the moment - having to justify why I should be selected for something based on why I think I'm good enough for it. I despise these forms, ones where you have to really sell yourself in a sense. I know I'm good at my job, as good as many of the other people I work with and indeed better at it than some. Still, it's never nice having to scrawl 'love me' across a page, regardless of whether or not you happen to be an attention-seeking miscreant like myself.

Hoping to book a nice weekend away this afternoon - I have five days off and really want to make the most of them. I also have a lovely new suitcase to bring with me, albeit one that's a little imperfect so I will be hopefully trading it for a newer model in work tomorrow.

I have the same suitcase as a four year old. Love it.

I also spotted this on-line and have since fallen in love with it. Sad, I know. However I think it's incredibly cute.

awesome


Anyway, life calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment