Thursday, April 8, 2010

thesaurus

I find it truly amazing that I can be easily captivated by an item of clothing. The cleverer the design or premise, the more captivated I become. Or perhaps it's not about it being clever or appealing, but merely about the ease with which nostalgia and quirkiness seem to capture my attention.

I'm not exactly into high fashion. I don't see the point in wearing something 'chic' for the sake of it - I'd much rather lounge about in something comfortable. Though to be perfectly honest, I have submerged myself in the nautical theme that seems to be in fashion this season. After all, how can you look good if you don't feel like you do? It's all about the confidence - dear God I'm quoting Gok Wan. Can somebody save me from pop culture please?

Today I found a gem, a truly amusing t-shirt.
It says thesaurus.
It's a dinosaur.
It's a dinosaur in glasses.
Moreover it's a dinosaur in glasses sitting on a pile of books reading a book.
I'd wager that that book is a thesaurus.

I don't know why, but the imagination behind the t-shirt truly struck me. I stood back and thought 'wow - there's someone somewhere who has the exact same frame of mind as I do, who enjoys the intellectual banter, who is revelling in intellectual promiscuity! In my opinion there's a lot to be said for clever use of language, for imagination and for dinosaurs. Particularly dinosaurs depicted sitting on piles of books in glasses reading thesauruses.

No comments:

Post a Comment